The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) acts like a sliding hinge, connecting your jawbone to your skull. You have one joint on each side of your jaw. TMJ disorders or TMD can cause pain in your jaw joint and in the muscles that control jaw movement. Your pain may be due to a combination of factors, such as genetics, arthritis or jaw injury. Some people who have jaw pain also tend to clench or grind their teeth.
Signs and symptoms of TMJ/TMD disorders may include:
- Pain or tenderness of your jaw
- Pain in one or both of the temporomandibular joints
- Aching pain in and around your ear
- Difficulty chewing or pain while chewing
- Aching facial pain
- Locking of the joint, making it difficult to open or close your mouth
- Popping when chewing
If you need help dealing with your TMJ issues give our Intra Oral TMJ Technique a try. It is extremely effective in releasing muscle tightness to improve your your ability to chew, open your mouth and most importantly get rid of your migranes.
For more information please contact us at : 210-660-7455